marketing internship job description
Join the team and build cool $h!t together
The Digital Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting BTS with daily social media and marketing tasks as well as creating and maintaining organized website content.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Let’s utilize your fine-tuned research skills for clients! Interns will conduct brand research, competitive analysis and develop content strategies for assigned clients.
- Responsible for executing daily social media tasks for multiple brands;
- Responsible for creating and maintaining organized website content documents;
- This position is responsible for responding to client needs and requests, communicating clearly and professionally;
- Responsible for writing, blogging and copyediting;
- Responsible making website updates utilizing WordPress;
- Will work with various digital marketing tools such as MailChimp, Wufoo, Buffer, Google Analytics and many more
- Works as an effective team member, working cooperatively with others and contributing to our overall work and client experience.
Other duties as assigned
This is more than a company or place to go to work. It’s our opportunity to control our own circumstances, enjoy this life we’ve been given and help others along the way. This is the passion we infuse into our work every day.
- Minimum of a two years college experience with an emphasis in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a can-do attitude
- The ability to work successfully under little supervision and be a team player
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times
- Employee should be knowledgeable regarding Microsoft Office, have proficient computer skills, display adaptability in learning the use of company specific software and display comprehension of fundamental computer practices and database management
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Agency. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Agency. Brands That Speak views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.