design internship job description
Join the team and build cool $h!t together
The Design Intern for BTS will be getting real world experience working on client and agency projects, designing cool stuff. This person will be researching, concepting, designing, designing and more designing. Did we mention there would be designing in this position?
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- This intern will be working independently, with a mentor and the BTS team to research, concept, communicate and design projects for the agency’s brand as well as client brands;
- Researches and brainstorms digital marketing campaigns meant to foster online engagement and stays on top of marketing trends;
- Let’s utilize your fine-tuned research skills for clients! Interns will conduct brand research, competitive analysis and develop design strategies for assigned brands.
- Works as an effective team member, working cooperatively with others and contributing to our overall work and client experience.
- Other duties as assigned
This is more than a company or place to go to work. It’s our opportunity to control our own circumstances, enjoy this life we’ve been given and help others along the way. This is the passion we infuse into our work every day.
- Minimum of a three years college experience with an emphasis in Graphic Design or a related discipline and relevant experience in Advertising Design, Marketing Design, Identity Design, Interactive Design, Environmental Design, Project Research or Account Management is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, experience in graphic design applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Experience in Interactive development applications such as HTML/CSS is recommended;
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the marketing business, specifically, social media knowledge;
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines;
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times.
- Employee should be knowledgeable regarding Microsoft Office, have proficient computer skills, display adaptability in learning the use of company specific software and display comprehension of fundamental computer practices and database management;
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Agency. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Agency. Brands That Speak views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.